Hey everyone!!! My name is Tiffany (lost.in.a.book) and this is going to be my new blog for all things bookish and my life for anyone who cares to take part! To start this awesome blogging life off I’m just going to give you all 25 facts about myself, you know…just a way to get to know the face behind the words you’ll be reading! =)
- I was born in Oklahoma, but raised in California.
- I’ve spent the last 7 years living abroad in Germany and have loved every minute of it, though we will be moving back to America in April. I’m extremely sad to be leaving Europe, but I am sooooo excited for things like Target, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Barnes and Noble, shopping on Sundays, shopping after 8pm, etc. =) It’s the little things in life!
- I have no children and no plans to ever have children, though I do have pets: 2 dogs, Kesi is my 9 yr old bull terrier/greyhound mix and Lucien is my 5 yr old rottweiler, Nike Pharos of Tiny Legs who is my papered Munchkin Kitty (yes I own a papered cat), and Totes Magotes who is my tortoise that I have no idea how old he is.
- I have 2 degrees (Administration of Justice and Counterterrorism), 2 certifications (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) and Makeup Artist (MUA)), and served a term in the military, though I am highly considering going back to school and being a career student because I STILL don’t know what I want to be when I grow up!
- I decided to get my Makeup Artist Certification mostly for myself. I sell Younique Makeup and I wanted to learn all the different techniques of applying makeup. I mean…I get paid to play in makeup and take selfies…so why not better my skills, right? I also get paid to write book reviews and book evaluations from time to time. I thoroughly enjoy doing both.
- I currently have purple hair and love it!
- I have been married for 10.5 yrs and planned to stay married for 100 more! My husband is my best friend, who always encourages me to just be me and not care what others think! I love that he encourages me and supports just about everything that I want, or want to do. I often talk to friends who are married that can’t say the same and I am thankful everyday that I found someone that I can say that for. =)
- I’m kind of a nerd! I am rarely found without a book on me, I enjoy playing video games with my hubby, I like watching superhero movies, and am a huge Doctor Who fan. What can I say!
- My favorite author of all time is Stephen King. I have yet to find something he’s written that I dislike. I also got to go to a reading of his when Doctor Sleep came out and was surprised at how funny and laid back he was. Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club) is a VERY close second favorite!!!
- I love to cook, and can make just about anything, but I can’t bake to save my life. I don’t know what it is. I can follow a recipe step by step for cookies, and while they do taste good…they look horrible.
- My favorite thing to eat is soup and sandwiches or a really awesome, fresh salad. Also, it could be a million degrees outside and I would still be eating soup.
- My dream is to have an amazing library of my own that is just stacked floor to ceiling with all of my favorite books to read. I’m doing pretty good at getting this started as I have 4 shelves that are approximately 6 ft tall and they are overflowing with books.
- While living in Germany I have not only traveled all over Germany, but I’ve traveled to the following countries: France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, Ireland, England, Wales, The Canary Islands, China, Australia, the Czech Republic, Netherlands, and Switzerland. I have also been to Canada and Mexico.
- I love to wait to watch a TV series until its further into a season so that I don’t have to wait so long to watch the following episodes. I also am totally not ashamed to binge watch an entire series on Netflix or Hulu.
- My all time FAVORITE TV show is Archer. If you’ve never watched, stop reading this RIGHT NOW and watch an episode. You’ll thank me later.
- I’ve learned throughout life that good friends are hard to come by, and great friends are like elusive unicorns. If you meet one, NEVER let them out of your life!
- I have 5 younger brothers and no sisters, named Derrick, Trevor, Tyler, Darren, and Tyler… and no, I didn’t name Tyler twice. My parents divorced after having me and both remarried and had more children, each naming one Tyler!
- I really LOVE working out once I get to the gym…but sometimes the struggle is real to just get there. I just started a workout program called Charlie Mike and I am 3 days into it. It’s no freaking joke…I can barely move at the moment. Did you know that you could be sore IN YOUR ARMPIT??? I sure didn’t until yesterday…
- Once we move back to America, I plan to enroll in school again and maybe find a job working for a local used bookstore. I currently volunteer at our local used bookstore here and LOVE it. The owner loves me enough that she “pays” me in books for my time. I call that a win/win!
- Something that my husband and I have been talking about for years now is opening up some kind of lounge or bar. Recently we’ve been discussing opening something book related too. I see a very fun future for us!
- I recently made it a goal of mine to read a minimum of 1 class literature book a month for this year since I haven’t read very many of the classics. For February I read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and I absolutely adored it. Mr. Darcey has to be my absolute favorite male character of all time.
- I absolutely love all things thriller/horror…but tend to scare the sh!t out of myself because I will either read a horror book, or watch a horror film, while my husband is away (his job takes him away a lot for 2 weeks at a time). Then it turns into me locking all the doors and jumping at every little noise I hear. Books that got me the worst were The Shining by Stephen King, Pen Pal by Dathan Auerbach, and Afraid by Jack Kilborn…
- I did not drink water regularly until I was around the age of 20-22. My husband basically ONLY drank water and thought I was weird. I drank gatorade and found that to be a perfectly suited substitute for water in all my infinite, youthful wisdom. Now, I can’t imagine a day without water! My drink routine usually consist of 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning, tons of water all throughout the day, green tea in the evening.
- Speaking of coffee…I’ve drank coffee since I was 4 years old, so it may officially just be part of me. My grandmother used to let me have a small cup of coffee with her in the mornings when I was young and it was just a habit that stuck with me forever.
- And last, but certainly not least, my ALL TIME favorite relaxation method is a HOT (my husband refers to the temperature as Mordor) bubble bath with a good book. I always take a cup of hot tea and a bottle of water with me, occasionally a glass of wine. I can soak in the bathtub for hours as long as the book is good.
So, for those of you that stuck it out and read my entire first blog post, Thank You! I plan to be writing my book reviews on the blog, and then sharing anything else that I find interesting, so feel free to follow me and join in on my crazy day to day life. If you are a reader too, feel free to join me in my reads and share your book opinions too!
My Current read is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I’m only about 70 pages in and can already tell that this book is going to be amazing. Have any of you read this book? What were your thoughts? I’ve only heard good things, so I’m excited to find more time to really just dive in. Well guys, thanks for reading!!! Until next time.