I found this award tag on a friend’s blog (fallinlovewiththesoundofwords) and LOVED it. When you get a chance, check out her blog because it’s awesome! Jackie is a moderator for a book club and does TONS of wonderful reviews!!!
- Post the rules before starting and link back to this post as a reference for other bloggers.
- Part A: Answer each of the fruit questions (each fruit corresponds to a book!) & add pictures plus why you thought that particular book deserves that particular fruit if possible.
- Part B: Choose your favorite fruit (even if it is one of the fruits in part A). Come up with a question that we didn’t ask and answer it.
- Part C: Create your own smoothie from the fruits in Part A (imagine a Lemon-Tomato-Apple smoothie ~ yuck), and find a book that would correlate to your smoothie!
- Nominate as many and anyone that you think are deserving of this award but it would be nice if you nominated a minimum of 5!
- Notify your nominees of the nomination.
- The most important rules? Have fun and of course, keep it fresh!
Part A: Fruits
1. Strawberries – Name the sweetest book you’ve read. (e.g. sweet in terms of the characters or if the story takes place in a sweet world… etc.)
This one was easy for me, as I don’t often read “sweet” books. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is BY FAR the sweetest book I’ve read. To me, this was a realistic romance, no love at first sight.
2. Coconut – What is a book that you would bring on vacation with you to a tropical destination? (Or if you’re just relaxing at the beach…)
I have to only choose 1? We travel a lot, and I always take whatever book I’m currently reading plus whatever book I plan to read next. But for the sake of choosing something for the challenge…
I am one of the few that has not finished reading the entire series, though I am currently working on it. I just got the full set in so that I can read it start to finish since it’s been a while since I’ve read the first 3 books! 🙂
3. Pineapple – What is a book that you didn’t think you would like by judging its cover/summary/the first few pages but started to grow on you?
The Vampire Academy! These covers are terrible, yet I absolutely LOVE this entire series. The covers tell you nothing about the book…nothing!
4. Orange – What’s the juiciest book you’ve read? (e.g. A book with tons of action, romance… etc.)
This one was a little bit hard for me as I don’t tend to read “juicy” books packed with romance, but after some thought… this series had a little bit of everything! There was death, action, romance, supernatural, the works!
5. Watermelon – A watery book (e.g. There wasn’t tons of substance to the book/the details were just too watery…etc. Don’t get us wrong though, we love watermelons!)
THE TWILIGHT SAGA… It was like a train wreck
that I couldn’t look away from. I kept reading
hoping that it would get better, but it never did…
6. Dragonfruit – What’s the most unique book you’ve read? (e.g. Unique in writing style, characters, plot… etc.)
Unique book easily goes to any book by Chuck Palahnuik. His writing style is just like no other! If you have never read a Palahnuik book, what are you doing with your life! Lullaby is VERY high on my favorite books list!
7. Lemons – Name a book that made you feel sour. (e.g. The emotions were just sour, you just felt sour reading the book, or the book includes sour characters… etc.)
I tried soooo hard to like Neil Gaiman’s The Graveyard Book after it was recommended to me about a million times, but I just couldn’t get into it. I hate every page that I read and ended up never finishing it. It seemed like so many people were so into this book…
8. Tomato – What is a wonderful book that you think should be more widely known? Or a fantastic author whom you think deserves more recognition? (Since some may not know that tomatoes are actually fruits!)
Any time I am asked this question, THIS is my answer. This was such an AMAZING trilogy to me. I read all three books back to back. Brent weeks created this amazing world with books that are full of tragedy, grit, and pure awesome! If you like fantasy and you’ve never read this, I HIGHLY recommend them!
9. Apple – Name a really stereotypical book of a certain genre just like apples which are typical fruits. In the end was that book good or not? (e.g. A very typical contemporary/fantasy book… etc.)
I feel like the Divergent series is what pops in most people’s minds when you bring up dystopian books. I really liked the first book, felt indifferent about the second, and have yet to read the third because it seemed like such a controversial disappointment to it’s fan base.
10. Blueberries – Name a book that made you feel blue. (Any sad, depressing books that you’ve read?)
Can we just talk about how much I adored this book? The Art of Racing in the Rain is by far the saddest book EVER, but I could not put it down. It was beautiful, and is a MUST read for any dog owner for sure!!!
11. Grapefruit – Any bitter books? (e.g. a book that was blue but MORE… do you have any bitter resentments towards characters from a book? Any sour turned bitter emotions? Any uber-hateful villains?)
Ok, I absolutely LOVED everything about this book except for Denna! I hated her… I disliked her as a person, as a woman, as friend, she was just terrible all around, yet Kvothe loved everything about her… I kept waiting for her to die, hoping for it, wishing for it… but it NEVER came!
12. Limes – Name a funny book that you’ve read because limes add flavour and so does humor with every book.
Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari was everything I hoped it would be and MORE!
13. Banana: A book that despite its mellow flow you are excited to always come back to it. (A book you reread so often you almost know it by heart)
This book is my all time favorite re-read. It’s a super short, hilarious book that not matter how many times I read it, it STILL makes me laugh!
Part B: Create Your Own
Pear: A book that was refreshing to read. (A book that got you out of a slump, that fixed everything that was wrong with your last read, or a book that just pleasantly surprised you)
This could very well change, as I haven’t yet finished the book, but so far I am in LOVE with this book. It may be a classic (so not very “Fresh” per say) but it’s my current read and I think it’s refreshing in a way!
Part C: Smoothie
Ok…I’m going with Coconut-Dragonfruit-Banana! It actually sounds kind of delicious! 🙂
This fits that completely! This is one of my ALL TIME favorites and I would love to re-read it again soon. It would be a perfect vacation/beach read and I felt like it was completely unique and beautiful!
Now for the Tagging! 🙂 This is a pretty time consuming tag (or at least it was for me) so I fully understand if you pass on it!
The beautiful ladies of Saigon3
The lovely Shealea
The lovely Sammie
The lovely Kate
This adorable Lazy Panda
Of course if you are not tagged, feel free to do the Keep it Fresh tag! I had so much fun doing this!